Salary will reflect experience
+44 (0)151 666 8968
about 1 month ago
As soon as possible
Salary will depend on experience
Fantastic progression opportunity
A multinational contract testing company based in Liverpool is looking to expand their Precious Metals team and is looking for an experienced candidate with Precious Metals testing experience who will be progressed to Lab Manager level over the next few years.
The role is Inorganic testing of precious metals using established techniques. As this is a senior member of the team the successful candidate will be expected to be an expert in this field already and able to bring their experience and skills to an already established team. Due to some of the team being fresh graduates or with less than 12 months experience there will be an expectation that this person will help lead the training and mentoring of this team alongside the other senior members of the team as it expands over the next few years.
In addition as a multinational global company there are huge opportunities to progress both within the UK and Internationally.
Experience in ICP-OES is key and additional experience of FAAS (flame atomic absorption spectroscopy) is highly desirable.
Qualifications and Experience required:
- At least 5 years practical experience and the ability to demonstrate a proven track record in the analysis of Ag, Au, Pt, Pd, Rh, Ru, Ir, & Os in a wide and varied range of metalliferous materials found within the global commodity markets.
- Experience in the analysis of the following commodities is a key requirement of the role; circular economy i.e. catalyst, washcoat, monolith, spent reforming and refining catalyst & Escrap. Incinerator bottom ash (IBA). Complex pgm refinery products and high pgm bearing materials such as pgm concentrate. Ash & carbon products, pm spiess, dross, matte and copper cement. Anode slime, blister copper / copper anode, Dore and refinery fines materials for a range of precious metal elements is a key consideration.
- Experience in techniques such as classical fire assay lead and nickel sulphide collection, pressure digestion and other sample digestion techniques, potentiometric auto-titration systems, and prill processing techniques post fire assay are a consideration. A working knowledge of FAAS & ICPOES is desirable.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced laboratory environment in accordance with ISO 17025 guidelines.
- A proven track- record in Laboratory Management from an operational, quality or technical perspective.
- Ability to work in a cross functional capacity such as management and in a ‘hands on’ laboratory function to deliver a service which meets client expectations as a minimum standard.
- High attention to detail.
- Strong team player with focussed work ethic who can demonstrate a diplomatic and measured approach through leading by example and encouraging others.
- Highly motivated with the ability to work under own initiative in a dynamic work environment with changing daily priorities.
- Has a proven record in using the key techniques of commercial analytical chemistry.
- Bringing in new methods and introducing step change benefits in terms of cost, time and quality is desirable.
- Act in a troubleshooting capacity using knowledge and experience to address live analytical problems
- Ability to work and organise in a structured way. Whilst maintaining flexibility to the changing and demanding needs of the business.
- Ability to process large data sets to reach conclusions and suggest alternatives and improvements.
- Understands the principles of method development and validation as applied in an Analytical Laboratory.
- Must have at least a working knowledge of the principles of ISO/IEC 17025:2017.
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office packages as desirable, but not essential skill.
- Degree in Inorganic analytical chemistry or a related discipline is desirable but not essential.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.