£35 - £38 per hour
+44 (0)151 666 8972
28 days ago
Our Client is an independent civil & structural consultancy, they have various framework agreements within public and private sectors. Due to an increase in work an opportunity has arisen for a Traffic Engineer based in Stockport.
You will have experience of:
• Writing Area Committee reports,
• Residents parking zones,
• TRO’s and TTRO’s,
• Signage alterations and Lining plans to TSRGD (Traffic Signs and General Directions)
- To manage Teams to deliver the Streetworks (including GMRAPS) or Network Management service.
- To ensure that the Council efficiently manages Streetworks including the GMRAPS system making sure that necessary works are delivered whilst minimising disruption to road users and ensuring a high quality of reinstatement.
- To manage delivery of an efficient service for various aspects of Highway licencing to ensure public safety whilst also seeking to maximise fee and licence income by effective enforcement and combating evasion of required licence fees.
- To manage delivery of an efficient service for the creation, review and revocation of Traffic Regulation Orders both moving and waiting / loading.
- To manage delivery of an efficient service for the development of minor works for traffic management purposes.
- To manage the creation, review and removal of Resident Parking Schemes and Controlled Parking Zones.
- To manage the delivery of a vehicle drop crossings service and other privately funded minor works for residents and businesses in the Borough.
- Ensure relevant partner and stakeholder engagement throughout the design and development of programmes and projects.
- Ensure effective budget management in all stages of the delivery process and develop and ensure robust performance measures are in place, monitored and reported.
- To manage the democratic approval process for TRO and minor works schemes including representing the Council at Committee meetings.
- To liaise with outside bodies and partner organisations in collaborative development of TRO’s and minor works.
- Prepare annual action plans for highways and transportation related activities in collaboration with other teams, partners and internal and external stakeholders
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.