£40000 - £60000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8979
about 2 months ago
As soon as possible (dependent on notice period)
Our client is a market leading, global consultancy who are active on many high-profile projects in a variety of industries including infrastructure, retail and education. They are a fantastic company to work for with clear career development plans and opportunities for upskilling. They are a growing business with a lot of international presence.
Due to this rapid growth and business development, they are now looking for Cost Managers and Senior Cost Managers to join the Real Estate team in Manchester to work from city centre offices and client offices spread across the North West. Known for offering flexibility and work-life balance, this is a great opportunity for someone looking to make a valuable career move.
The Quantity Surveyor's duties will include:
- Managing estimating and cost planning activities to include taking ownership of and presenting the final cost plan
- Applying Value Management techniques at the outset of a project and where appropriate involving our specialist Value Management team
- Ensuring the production of monthly post-contract cost reports and presenting them to the client
- Value engineering and life cycle costing
The successful candidate will have:
- Significant Quantity Surveying/Cost Management experience
- Knowledge of NEC3 and/or JCT contracts
We will consider candidates from a Consultancy or Contractor background.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis (outside IR35 Determination). Agency PAYE and Umbrella engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.