£45 - £50 per hour
+44 (0)151 666 8999
4 months ago
First or Second week in January
Senior or Principal Mechanical Building Services engineer in the nuclear and defence industries.
• Mechanical building services lead in large projects
• Technical quality and excellence of your work and the work of those supporting you
• Communication with clients and other design team members
• Business development activities including mechanical building services aspects of proposals
• Adherence and contribution to business and quality management systems operational and design safety, and developing good safety culture
• Delivering engineering design work to time and budget
• Supporting and mentoring more junior colleagues
**All applicants must be a Full UK National and able to obtain SC Level Clearance**
• Degree in a Mechanical Engineering discipline
• Experience of the use of CIBSE guides
• Experience in designing and commissioning of a diverse range of mechanical building systems
• Chartered Engineer (CIBSE/IMechE)
• Experience of mechanical building services for the Nuclear Industry
• Experience of nuclear safety and justification requirements
• Familiarity with engineering software packages including CAD, BIM and simulation packages
• Producing tender specification for mechanical building services
• Experience of Value Engineering (VE)/Optioneering Workshops
• Experience of HAZOP/HAZID Workshops
• Experience of ALARP Reviews
• Supervision of contractors in factory acceptance, site acceptance and commissioning mechanical services.
• Experience of working for or with an engineering consultancy
• Experience of coaching and mentoring junior staff.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.