£40000 - £44000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent Benefits Package
+44 (0)151 666 8999
about 2 months ago
£40-44k + excellent package (see below)
A fantastic opportunity to join an expanding global manufacturing business with over 75 years of history, supporting a broad range of industry sectors across Oil & Gas, Marine, Power Generation, Water & Sewage and Mining. Due to ongoing company expansion including plans for the build of a brand new local manufacturing site have let the requirement to employ a new Senior Manufacturing Engineer.
Our clients current factory has over 500 staff based in Bath and produces a best in class, technology driven, product range through a lean, CI driven manufacturing/heavy assembly based process. This role suits someone with a background in developing new processes within manufacturing/assembly driven environments, such as automotive, general manufacturing or aerospace sectors. A candidate with a strong background in a process focused technology driven sector would have a solid foundation of knowledge for an opportunity such as this.
This role will have a huge impact on the delivery of a brand new factory the business is delivering, so you’ll get full process life cycle management experience and would provide a candidate with a great opportunity to add to their skill-set. We are seeking people who can help design, work with suppliers, make suggestions to buy and implement processes and machinery. Once the facility in the next 3-4 years is build and producing our clients product range your remit will then shift to refining this and ensuring it operates efficiently within the existing CI culture of the business. You’ll report directly into the Production Manager and around 7-9 will be in your team, so you’ll be well supported.
- You’ll be a senior Engineer or someone keen to step up into this kind of role, most probably coming from a role as a manufacturing engineer or Production Engineer or similar
- Background wise you’ll have a engineering manufacturing background and be keen to expand your knowledge and work for a global business where you can have an impact and make a difference on an exciting project
- You’ll hopefully have some project management experience
- You’ll ideally have experience working within an assembly focused manufacturing process
- Delivery of process improvement and controlling the delivery of capital projects throughout their lifecycle
- Be used to operating within a CI led, Lean manufacturing environment or from a similar transferrable background
Engineering Qualification to Degree Level or HND or Equivalent
A member or aspiring to be a member of the IMcheE
Manufacturing Industry Experience
A background as either a Production Engineer or Manufacturing Engineer or Equivalent
Company bonus 15% is average but can extend up to 25% depending on performance
25+8 days bank holiday, Company Pension matched up to 9%, Cycle to work, Life assurance 6x, Buy and Sell holiday, Private health, Share scheme
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.