E Riding of Yorkshire
£18 - £24 per hour
+44 (0)151 666 8946
over 1 year ago
This is a 3 month Contract position with potential for extension.
- Experience of delivering, monitoring and planning services at an operational level.
- Experience of undertaking Change Management, planning and implementing new ways of working.
- Experience of successfully managing activity and performance targets.
- Ability to manage effective budgets/resources and enforce proper financial controls, showing sound business judgement.
- Proven experience in bridge inspection, construction and maintenance repair techniques and practices for various types of moving and static bridges and related highway structures.
- Experience of corporate and specialist software for computerised design and drafting, including AutoCAD, bridge asset management, contracts, such as HAND and NEC, with the ability to manipulate, extract and present information, and accurately summarise documents.
- Experience in contract preparation, management, supervision and monitoring involving internal and external service providers.
- In depth capability of structural analysis and interpretation techniques; project management techniques, supervision of construction works with ability to maintain an up-to-date knowledge of relevant technical standards, legislation, codes of practice, and best practices in areas of competence
- Competent in the use of survey equipment, computerised design and drafting software.
- Bridge design types and construction methods, Bridge strengthening, Maintenance and repair approaches, techniques and practices in bridges and civil structures
- Bridges Toolkit and Asset Management
- Code of Practice and best practice (HMEP, ADEPT, etc) / Design Manual for Roads and Bridges / Manual of Contract Documents for Highway Works / Management of Highway Structures and Inspections / Manual for Highway Structures / Design Standards for concrete, steel, brick and timber bridges / Knowledge and understanding of CDM regulations / Awareness of Health, Safety and Welfare applicable to role
- Degree or equivalent level of experience
- Specific qualification requirement - HNC / HND / BSc in Civil Engineering or equivalent qualification in relevant subject or experience.
- Evidence of continuing professional development or membership of professional body.
- Current holder of training certificate in scaffold inspection; confined spaces, and Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) cardholder.
Candidates will have an understanding of the;
- NEC engineering and construction contract or similar
- Local Government Procurement procedures
- Abnormal Load Categories
- Freedom of Information Act.
Should this role be of interest to yourself, please apply now or Call Sophie on 0151 666 8946
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.