£70 - £85 per hour
+44 (0)151 666 8916
3 months ago
Subject to Security Clearance
The current planning assumption is for a hybrid-cloud architect with a mix of SaaS, IaaS, PaaS plus on-premise hosting for any service that cannot be migrated to the cloud. My client is now recruiting an additional Cloud Architect to supplement our existing team. The role will be responsible for designing IaaS/SaaS/PaaS solutions, prominently on Microsoft Azure, for a number of internal projects. Whilst this is a deeply technical, duties will also include stakeholder meetings with both internal and external service providers. It will also include the initial setup and deployment of new solutions and the transition to live services with members of the operational team whom will oversee production application and infrastructure support.
- Specialist in at least one and good appreciation of all technical aspects of IT systems (e.g. voice, data and/or control networks, servers, storage, data centre)
- Familiar with the security demands of defence IT systems
- Familiar with Enterprise Architecture methods, techniques and modelling languages
- Able to set requirements and proposed solution into the context of the wider business and CIO arena
- Able to work under-pressure to get the job done
- Able to effectively influence people to follow process
- Has the ability to manage a task through to its successful completion
- Proactively solves problems encountered
- Ability to effectively prioritise, understanding impact and risks
- Reacts to planning changes in a prompt and efficient manner
- Has the ability to promote the IT Services organisation
- Held position of Enterprise Architect, or Technical Architect within large (e.g. more than 1,000 staff) organisation
- Development of Multi-Site architectures in a secure environment
- Creation of conceptual models to assist in understanding and solving problems
- Analysis of concepts at multiple levels of abstraction, retaining the ‘big picture’; but attending to detail where required
- Experience of making informed technical judgements and decisions relevant to this role
- Familiar with industry best-practice approaches to the design, implementation, operation and management of IT systems (e.g. Agile, Waterfall, ITIL, COBIT)
- Awareness of commercial and IT systems procurement practice
- An understanding of good Information Management
All candidates must be British nationals and only hold a British passport.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.