£35000 - £43000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8953
6 months ago
9 months FTC
The successful Operations Accountant / Factory Accountant will work collaboratively with the Site General Manager and the business to ensure costs are optimised and managed and implement finance best practices within the site operations.
The successful Operations Accountant / Factory Accountant will ideally have previous experience in an FMCG manufacturing environment.
Responsibilities of the Operations Accountant / Factory Accountant include:
• Product / Process costing
• Ensuring that actual costs are recovered within reported product costs and that variances are identified, investigated and actioned with the operations team.
• Provision of weekly detailed and top level KPI reports for the plant.
• Review of KPI data with operations to identify performance improvement opportunities.
• Stock management and reporting including stock reconciliations and control of stock write-offs.
• General ledger reviews - review and control of postings to site cost centres.
• Capital control – evaluate proposals, monitor spend and review with the team to ensure projects are delivered within the approved value.
• Budget cost preparation
• Proposing and evaluating cost saving / profit enhancing, continuous improvement or system enhancement opportunities.
• Ad hoc projects/ reporting.
Application via CV
Operations Accountant / Factory Accountant
9 Month FTC initially
c.£35,000 - £43,000 (DOE)
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.