£40000 - £45000 per annum, Benefits: Plus benefits
+44 (0)151 666 8907
about 1 year ago
The Regional Accountant Lead is responsible for the timely and accurate preparation of this organisation’s Profit and Loss, Balance Sheet and identified quarterly financial reports. This should be performed in line with the targets set within the Service Level Agreement (SLA) related to the Accounting Shared Service Centre.
The role will mainly involve ownership of at least one rig with assigned Legal Entities (LEs), preparing and reviewing both the P&L results (KPI) and Balance Sheet for those LEs. The Regional Accountant will be the focal point of contact for the Rig Controller in their respective region and assisting Regional Accounting Lead as appropriate, including cover.
In addition, the Regional Accountant Lead will supervise at least one Financial Accountant who will be responsible for regional overheads and bank accounts.
Principle accountabilities and responsibilities
• Quarterly Financial Reviews for assigned LEs
• P&L delivered within region expectation
• Balance Sheet preparation and review for assigned LEs
• Service Level Agreement (SLA) delivery
• Journal preparation
• Non-Purchase Order Approval
• Tax pack preparation and liaison with Tax team
• Intercompany review and reconciliation
• Bank reconciliations for regional accounts
• Statutory audit support and review for regional LEs
• Mentor and support Financial Accountant(s)
• Assign roles and responsibilities to the Financial Accountant(s)
• Support Regional Accounting Lead with deliverables review and cover
• Ensure all financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted accounting policies and procedures and are reported within the deadline
• Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
• 2 Year post qualified experience
• Understanding of and experience with statutory reporting requirements
• Strong organisational and people management skills
• Ability to work under pressure
• Ability to take initiative and work on tasks independently or as part of a team
• Excellent customer relations skills
• Good problem-solving skills
• Experience in a Shared Services environment
• Experience with Oracle and Hyperion
• Experience of working with diverse regional teams
• Working knowledge of Accounting Standards
• Experience in Oil Field Services (Preference within drilling sector)
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.