£37000 - £44000 per annum, Benefits: + 15% bonus, Private Medical and Dental, 36 days holiday
+44 (0)151 666 8968
28 days ago
As soon as possible
£37,000 – 44,000 (dependant on experience) plus 15% bonus, 36 days holiday and 1 more day paid to do charity work (plus free fruit)
Based in Liverpool
An expanding multinational Pharmaceutical company based in Liverpool is looking to appoint an additional Senior Analytical Scientist to their team on a permanent basis to their site in Liverpool. Experience across Chromatography (e.g., SEC, IC) and Plate Based Assays (e.g., ELISA) as well as method validation, transfer and optimisation is essential. Any additional experience in Gene Therapy and Viral vectors would be advantageous but not essential.
- The role holder is responsible for developing the analytics associated with the testing and cGMP release of products from early concept through to registration for marketing approval of a variety of Biological products including Gene therapy products.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for identifying and developing suitable characterisation analytics for non-routine/ routine and cGMP testing for new product development programmes, which may encompass fully in-house programmes, in-licensed products and products in development with partners and ensures the testing is performed by the group on time, on budget and in compliance with the established quality standards. This includes release testing of clinical drug substance.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting development, optimisation/ qualification and/ or technical transfer of non-validated methods (or validated methods where required) by acting as a technical lead. They are responsible for assessing and managing external testing facilities for characterisation analysis where internal analysis is not preferred.
- Manage lab areas, including supervision of scientists, resolve day to day equipment or technical issues and escalate issues when necessary to Senior Managers.
- Responsible for transfer, qualification (and validation, where required) of methods required to support processes into the manufacturing facility.
- Responsible for performing characterisation analysis to support product development and cGMP production activities, through all stages of bioprocessing (upstream and downstream).
- Minimum qualification of BSc science graduate (or equivalent) with at least 5 years industry experience or a PhD with a minimum of 3 years industry experience
- Experienced in the analysis of biomolecules.
- Experience with biologics assay development/ optimisation and assay qualification.
- Plate Based Assays: Host Cell Protein, Protein content by sandwich ELISA, Capsid ELISA, Residual content (protein A kit) ELISA.
- Chromatography: Size Exclusion, Reversed Phase, Ion Exchange, Excipient testing using Charged aerosol detection and ELSD.
- Electrophoresis: SDS-PAGE, icIEF, CE-SDS.
- An understanding of cell based potency assays, PCR assays would be beneficial for interpreting data.
- Candidates with a combination of R&D and QC based experience would be ideal
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.