£28000 - £34000 per annum, Benefits: plus benefits
+44 (0)151 666 8947
20 days ago
Quality Manager responsibilities include:
- Management of the site QC team and systems.
- Management and initiation of investigations for all customer complaints in conjunction with the Technical
- Manager, Factory Manager, Production Managers and Maintenance functions as appropriate.
- Ensuring all procedures in the Quality Manual are adequate and adhered to especially with respect to Critical Control Points to ensure production of a safe and legal product meeting all quality criteria and customer specification requirements.
- Controlling and evaluation of the Pest Control measures and activities.
- Assisting the Technical Manager with QC Appraisals, Disciplinary Actions and QC Daily tasks.
- Ensuring hygiene schedules, microbiological testing, allergen testing and swabbing regimes are adhered to and food safety issues are addressed
- Validation of the processes and undertaking risk assessments.
- Providing information as requested by customers.
- Deputise in the absence of the Technical Manager on issues relating to the Quality Management System.
- Carry out any other reasonable requests that help drive the business forward.
- Provide cover for the QA Operatives as required.
- Co‐ordinate training in accordance with the Human Resources function.
- Dealing with Supplier / Internal non‐conformances and closing off in conjunction with the Technical Coordinator.
- Breakdown / Preventative Maintenance Reports Technical sign‐off.
- Conduct Halal & RSPO site audits
- Carry out pre‐audit of site prior to customer visits.
- Actively participate in the HACCP Team
- Assist the Technical Manager in holding weekly Technical/QC meetings
- Conduct an annual audit on the temporary labour provider
- Ensure the calibration schedule is maintained and up‐to‐date
- Ensure factory documentation is controlled
- Assist with internal audits
- Create documentation for new products and communicate new product information with the QCs and the production staff
- Coordinate training matrix
- Keep up‐to‐date micro testing regime and ensure test results are available as scheduled
You will be a QA Manager used to managing a team to BRC standards in the FMCG Food manufacturing remit.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.