£££comp + bonus, benefits
+44 (0)151 666 8947
4 months ago
1 of 4 Production Managers, this role reports to the Factory Manager and oversees the full production of products from goods in to despatch on shift.
The successful Production Manager will have previous experience within an FMCG manufacturing environment (food, drinks, packaging, or pharmaceuticals); ideally with experience of SAP. You will have proven experience of driving lean / CI initiatives in a manufacturing environment as well as experience of managing, coaching and developing teams.
Responsibilities of the Production Manager include:
- Team Management – leading development and organisational change through staff recruitment, training and development
- Implement production KPIs aligned with business objectives
- Drive costs savings through efficient use of resources at your disposal.
- Manage and plan required service levels within the agreed timeframe
- Be commercially focused and implement continuous improvement initiatives that increase performance
- Support CAPEX proposals in line with safety, OEE, and quality improvements, with a view to reduce operating costs
- Improve performance and reduce waste
- Ensure appropriately trained resource is available to ensure consistent achievement of food safety, quality and GMP standards.
- Review and implement all legislative and ethical standards with regard to HSE, food hygiene and staff management.
- Attend daily production/planning meeting with appropriate preparation
- Review team priorities & progress daily and weekly
- Work closely with support functions (H&S, HR, Quality, NPD, Logistics, Site Engineering including services and Finance) to identify resources required to action any outstanding issues
Commutable from: Taunton, Yeovil, Chard, Crewkerne, Axminster, Ilchester, Dorchester
Application via CV
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.