+44 (0)151 666 8929
about 2 months ago
The role: We are looking to appoint an EHS Advisor on a permanent basis to provide EHS support to site leads and the senior management team to deliver site projects and initiatives, support the implementation of the organisations’ Safety Management System, and audit the sites and systems that drive the organisation towards becoming COMAH compliant.
Primarily based at either Garelochhead or Loch Striven, but still providing a strong presence to our other sites, this role will necessitate the post holder being a self-starter, reliant and able to communicate and champion a vital element of the Agency’s culture. Due to operations over the assets being managed and covering sites across England & Scotland, it necessitates a significant amount of travel and the need to spend nights away from home on a regular basis in order to carry out the duties required. Therefore a full (preferably clean) driving licence is essential for this role.
The role will require the post holder to build strong positive and creditable working relationships with all stakeholders, including particular emphasis with the Oil Fuel Depot Managers/Site Managers, Operations and Engineering functions, in addition to external bodies, such as the CA.
- To comply with The Fundamental Principles of the Agency.
- Provide a visible onsite presence at each OFD in turn on a regular basis.
- Provide site leads with HSSE advice on technical, occupational HSE and process safety (with support of HSSEQ team).
- Assist site leads in developing systems, processes, etc to ensure activities undertaken are fully compliant with company policies, procedures and legal requirements, particularly safety and ensuring safe systems of work.
- Conduct HSSE assurance inspections and audits of all sites, ensuring compliance with Agency standards and requirements.
- Support the implementation of new projects to enable safety and effectiveness of design and operations through legislative compliance; identification and management of risk factors and the principles of ALARP for COMAH sites.
- Be part of the Duty Manager rota. Note this is not the site Duty Manager, so is more of a communication role if an incident escalates.
- Report on activities and provide relevant management information.
- Promotion of the delivery of key health, safety, environment and quality targets and success factors for company core business functions, and propose new, more cost effective ways of meeting HSSE and Quality requirements.
- Monitor the timely close-out of corrective actions and produce regular reports
- Provide assistance to contractors in improving HSSE and Quality performance.
You will possess a strong awareness of the application of ALARP within the MAH industry, as well as knowledge in the application of risk assessment, such as HAZOPs, HAZIDs, Bowtie FMECA, Design Reviews, preferably within the oil and gas industry.
Your ability to liaise with people of differing levels both externally and internally ranging from the Competent Authority (HSE/EA/SEPA), company Management and Leadership Teams to site operatives will be second to none.
The successful candidate will need to possess a full (preferably clean) driving licence.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.