£45000 - £48000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8972
7 months ago
Would you like to work for a progressive and ambitious company which is also one of the most successful within the UK construction and infrastructure industry?
Our Client provides national construction and infrastructure services to private and public sector customers across a comprehensive range of markets. We aim to create great results for our customers, partners and ourselves.
They have a fantastic opportunity within their Infrastructure business for an ambitious and talented Senior Engineer to work on their Highways Framework.
They are looking for Senior Engineers who will ensure that above and below ground level a project is undertaken in accordance with the customer’s requirements for level and dimension.
This is an excellent opportunity to work within a successful, growing and exciting team.
As a Senior Engineer you will:
- Understand and interpret the drawings and specifications
- Provide engineering expertise and support to the project team
- Monitor works in progress
- Check the setting out of sub-contractors as required
- Provide information to enable the commercial team to review and interrogate sub-contractor analysis
- Report any deviances from survey to project/contracts manager
- Implement and monitor all systems and procedures and ensure effective operation
- Ensure effective communication to all parties
- Utilise company ICT systems currently in place
- Maintain awareness of Morgan Sindall health and safety requirements and standards
- Proactively keep up to date with the current and changing status of the project
- Maintain comprehensive and accurate records for archive
- Input into site activities where appropriate and required
- Offer support and advise on problem areas
- Proactively contribute to effective teamwork
- Identify training and development needs of self, and others as identified
Experience in delivering Highway, Infrastructure and public realm schemes up to £25m. You will have excellent organisational, planning and time management skills including the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously without compromising on standards and quality. You will also have the ability to deliver major projects and possess the organisational skills required to do so to demanding deadlines. Your ability to produce/review RAMS, ITP's and material reconciliations and an ability to Liaise with Sub-Contractors, Stakeholders and the Client. You will hold a HNC / HND in a related subject, and CSCS.
About the Highways Team:
Their projects encompass motorway widening, congestion relief, safety improvement and bypass schemes. Recent work includes Smart motorways, new bypass schemes, improvement schemes.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.