£35000 - £40000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8943
15 days ago
Summary of Buyer key responsibilities:
- Local Representative of the Group Purchasing Team responsible for support and implementation of those sourcing categories lead by Central Purchasing into the local Business Unit, aligned with the Global Business Objectives
- Undertake the sourcing of materials and services at the right price, right time and right quality
- Ensure company procedures and standards are maintained as well as SOX requirements
- Liaise with suppliers for all aspects of the procurement process; monitor supplier performance ensuring approved suppliers provide the highest level of service.
- Identify new suppliers, agree terms and negotiate supply agreements where appropriate, including discounts and volume rebates
- Contractor evaluation and management skills, understanding of required documentation
- Ensure that all operational procurement activities are being conducted in the most cost efficient manner to reduce the number of orders being raised and transactions required.
- Undertake Supplier Visits proactively and report findings to the Business
- Control and manage Operational and Capex spend currently administered by site Engineers
- Identify and deliver cost savings across all areas of site spend and benchmark with other client sites
- Deliver targeted cost savings month on month and seek value added solutions with key suppliers
- Promote best Purchasing practice across the Business and manage the purchase to pay process effectively (p2p)
- Awareness of Market forces and Supplier issues communicating effectively to the Business any cost and risk factors
You will have strong and proven negotiation skills. Minimum 3 years experience as a Purchasing Professional is essential. Ideally you will have experience within an MRO manufacturing environment, dealing with critical OEM Suppliers. Ideally CIPS Qualified or demonstrating working towards qualification. Extensive Microsoft skills and addition to SAP with the ability to produce and present statistical information.
Commutable from: Lincoln, Brigg, Scunthorpe, Scampton, Doncaster, Grimsby, Gainsborough, Lincolnshire
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.