££competitive depending on experience
+44 (0)151 666 8953
3 months ago
Supporting the Senior Buyer, the Buyer will be responsible for creating and executing short, medium and long term procurement strategies and to assist in price forecasting, sourcing and procurement of raw materials and consumables for the business.
The successful Buyer will have previous purchasing experience within an FMCG food manufacturing environment (essential). You will have excellent IT / systems skills with proven experience of managing ERP and MRP supply chain systems.
• Directly and indirectly responsible for sourcing negotiating and placing of contracts for Raw Materials and Packaging
• Providing the business with up to date market and product information to enable informed business decisions to be formulated
• Develop and maintain excellent supplier relationships with key strategic /critical suppliers to improve supplier performance
• Liaise with Technical Department over supplier assurance protocols
• Reduce stock write offs to agreed minimum yearly level in liaison with planning department.
Application via CV
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.