Burton upon Trent
+44 (0)151 666 8952
3 months ago
Burton upon Trent
Food and Beverage
Due to continued growth my client is looking for an Electrical Design Engineer to join their team in Burton upon Trent.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing team within one of the leading CapEx project delivery businesses operating within the FMCG, Food, Pharmaceutical and healthcare industries around the UK and overseas.
About The Role
As an Electrical Design Engineer in the Electrical and Control team you will develop commercially focused and innovative engineering solutions to solve complex client problems with responsibility for delivery from initial conception through to final handover.
What will you do?
- Engineering Design – providing tailored solutions incorporating an appropriate blend of innovation, experience and practicality.
- Ensuring project deliverables are met – production of clear unambiguous engineering outputs including specifications and scope of work incorporating measurable performance requirements.
- Project profitability – control of capital expenditure and contractor variations for their engineering disciplines.
- Project completion – meeting programme dates agreed by them/their contractors.
- Legislation – ensure project compliance with legal requirements including BS7671 and the relevant amendments.
- Working as an individual or as an effective member of a multi-disciplined project team leading one or more of the engineering disciplines.
- Client relationships – develop a working relationship and adding value.
- Committed to delivering project objectives within capital, time, quality and legislative parameters.
Do you have?
· A degree/HNC/HND level qualification or equivalent in a relevant engineering discipline with chartered status, or working towards chartered status.
· Automation background with experience of PLC & SCADA design
· System Architecture design and configuration knowledge
· Process Commissioning experience
· Experience in Engineering specification and tender documentation preparation
· A proven track record of Budget/cost control of projects
· Knowledge of order placement & invoicing
· Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) co-ordination and Sub-Contractor management/co- ordination experience
· HV/LV Distribution systems and networks knowledge
· Experience in Building Services – Lighting, Fire Alarms, Small Power
· Experience in Food & beverage (hygienic environment) experience
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.