South West London
+44 (0)151 666 8999
18 days ago
£40,000-£50,000, discretionary bonus scheme & life cover
Richmond, Hounslow, Brentford, London, South West London.
A leading Contract Laboratory service provider is currently recruiting for a Health and Safety Manager to join their team on a permanent basis. The Health and Safety Manager will be responsible for driving the Health and Safety agenda on site. This role will require a pharmaceutical/ Chemical/Bio or Manufacturing background.
Health and Safety Officer’s duties will include:
- Develop, grow and maintain a strong culture of Health and Safety within the organisation.
- Champion good practices and lead by example to ensure people at all levels of the organisation understand the importance of Health & Safety
- Create an environment where people are encouraged to proactively suggest improvements to H&S practices.
- Collaborate with people at all levels of the organisation on a one to one basis or within small groups to ensure that practical but effective practices and policies are adopted.
- Working with key staff at either site, responsible for the development, documentation, management of H&S policies.
- Carry out internal audits and assessments as appropriate
- Train managers and employees about health and safety issues and risks
- Keep timely and accurate records of inspection findings and produce management reports that suggest improvements
- Chair Safety and GEO Committee meetings and manage election process of the committee
- Organisation of First Aider provision, First Aid supplies and equipment (e.g. Defibrillator)
- Manage Risk Assessments (where these involve outside Contractors in conjunction with the
- Facilities Manager)
- Manage COSHH assessments
- Liaise with Facilities to establish contractor H&S procedures
- Create and Manage H&S budget
- Liaise with Facilities Manager as appropriate and deputise during absences
- Bring relevant new legislation to the attention of the company
- Develop and mentor H&S staff, ensuring that they are able to meet the requirements of the company and role effectively and professionally.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.