+44 (0)151 666 8916
8 days ago
Subject to Interview
Due to promotion within the division our client is now recruiting for an experienced Design Engineer. This opportunity is within Central Engineering Services which provides engineering support across the whole of the Construction & Investments Division.
The services provided by Central Engineering Services include alternative solutions, value engineering, buildability and problem/defect resolution including specification compliance issues. The team also provides design and design checking services for a full range of temporary work requirements from excavations and working platforms to formwork, falsework & scaffolding. Site based TWCs & TWSs are also supported through participation in technical reviews, site visits where required and audits to check compliance with the temporary works procedure.
The role will report to a Senior Design Engineer and will interface with a range of stakeholders throughout the Construction & Investments Division at the pre-construction and construction stages of projects. The role will also interface with external stakeholders including consultants, subcontractors and suppliers.
- Attend meetings and site visits to discuss CES services for specific tenders and projects.
- Where necessary assist in the production of design briefs.
- Prepare and/or check design calculations by other members of the CES team or by external design organisations.
- Produce and/or supervise the production of drawings, schedules etc. based on the results of design calculations.
- Ensure that designs and design checks are completed on time and within fee estimates.
- Ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with CDM 2015 and the company Construction Business Management System so that the necessary standards of Safety, Quality & Environmental Management are achieved.
- Take a proactive approach to own Continuing Professional Development and the Continuing Professional Development of others to maintain and advance own technical capability and that of the CES team as a whole.
- The role may include line management of Graduate Design Engineers and Student Design Engineers.
- Civil or Structural Engineering Degree (2:2 or higher)
- Good knowledge of structural mechanics and understanding of fundamentals of soil mechanics.
- Previous design experiences either working for a contractor, subcontractor, specialist supplier or consultant.
- Computer literate preferably including experience of use of computer aided draughting & geotechnical/structural analysis software.
- Good oral and written communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with a wide range of people within CES and the wider company.
- Good time management skills and the ability to prioritise work and manage a number of tasks concurrently.
- Good team worker but also able to work under own initiative.
- Enthusiastic, conscientious with good attention to detail.
- Able to work under pressure and prioritise to meet deadlines.
- Full driving licence.
- Willingness to travel throughout the UK.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.