+44 (0)151 666 8994
12 days ago
6 - 12 Months.
The purpose of this role is to support the Commercial Manager with the ultimate objective to achieve (or better) the Annual Financial Plan.
To provide commercial assistance to achieve compliant administration of contracts within the business personnel outside of the Commercial Function.
To ensure all Contractual and Commercial commitments and transactions undertaken by the client are in accordance with Legislation, Corporate Governance, Policies and Procedures and Contract Terms and Conditions.
Reports to: Commercial Manager/Operations Manager/Quantity Surveyor/Project Manager
Project Accountant to ensure compliance with Financial Corporate Governance.
Liaise with Team Members and Customers to agree and sales invoicing and cash.
Team Members to produce the monthly commercial reports (Cost and Value Reconciliation) CVR.
Commercial Director, Executive Director of Projects, Director of Projects, Director of Finance, Project Managers, Estimating Manager, Sales Manager, Accounts Manager, Procurement Manager, Commercial Manager,
Key Result Area Outcomes / Accountabilities;
- Work collaboratively within the Project Team to achieve compliance with Commercial and Corporate Policies and Governance
- Develop robust and trusting relationship with Project Team Members
- Work alongside other key internal customers i.e. Sales, Estimating, Project Delivery and Accountants.
- Build robust and trusting relationships with Clients.
- Within this relationship embed adequate change management controls and mechanisms, accurate forecasts and a sufficient level of contract administration in accordance with the terms of the Clients Contract(s).
- Ensure agreements on route for payment, hold open and honest conversations with regards to Early Warnings , other notices, Variations and claims.
- Review and understand Contract commercial requirements
- Manage the CVR and Forecast Process and Submit to Commercial Manager.
- Prior to CVR submission ensure a full CVR meeting lead by the Project Manager, takes place.
- Ensure effective change control process and management of, is embedded within the relevant projects you are responsible for.
- Ensure Sub-Contract arrangements are put in place when required using the NEC suite of Contract Documents or alternative as agreed with the Commercial Manager
- Ensure correct administrative processes are put in place for management of Sub-Contracts paying particular attention to change controls, early warning, compensation events, changes to scope of works and payment.
- Support Project Manager in resolving commercial issues with the Client.
- Proactively support the Project Review Process and attend the Operational Performance Review (OPR).
- Immediately escalate any compliant or counter claim, including any withholding of monies by the customer to the Commercial Manager...
- Submit CVR in a format to enable Commercial Manager to be able to utilise data for cost forecasts, revenue and gross margin assumptions/submissions.
- Provide robust and accurate CVR data to feed into quarterly schedule 2 forecasts as per the timetable.
- Ensure all procurement and governance processes are adhered to within the designated projects.
- Ensure correct levels of authority are applied to SMR’s for the procurement of goods, services, consumables and sub-contracts.
- At project validation review support the Commercial Manager with the preparation of a procurement plan.
- Use procurement plan to interact with Commercial Manager and Procurement Manager to agree forms of contract and procurement activities to leverage best outcome for the business.
- Cost Valuation Reconciliation (CVR) – Monthly Outputs Change Control Sub-Contract Administration Applications & Certification
- Signed Sub-Contract Agreements
- Sign Subcontract Payment Certification Other by agreement (specific outputs required by localised operations management team)
Should this position be of interest to you, please apply direct and I will come back to you in due course.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.