+44 (0)151 666 8952
about 1 month ago
Due to continual growth and new projects awarded my client, a global engineering consultancy are looking to grow their team in Tadley.
Their Energy Unit, specifically the Power, Process & Nuclear division are recruiting a Mechanical HVAC Engineer to be part of an integral team delivering a large project in the nuclear industry. The role will be to work as part of a design team and to support Associates and/or other senior line managers.
Responsibilities will include:
· Produce detailed design calculations to support design requirements
· Producing documentation, assessment/condition reports, survey reports, basis of designs,procurement specifications, etc., tailored to required stage of project completion, covering all aspects of mechanical building services.
· Carry out detailed surveys of mechanical services and equipment to establish the extent, condition and operational status of the existing of installations and gain enough information to complete reports and findings
· Production and review of detailed design calculations to support design proposals
· Production and review of detailed design drawings, layouts and schematics including heating,ventilation, LTHW, Chilled Water, specialist LEV and BMS installations
· Production and review of Specifications and plant schedules
· Producing estimates of work elements including equipment and man hour costs
· Supporting the preparation of bids and estimates
· Reporting of design progress and project management of commissions within agreed programmes
· Ensure compliance with construction (design and management) regulations
· Mentoring and guidance of staff
The ideal candidate will be a chartered engineer, or working towards it, with experience working in the nuclear sector. Candidates must be eligible to apply for security clearance. They are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. They do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.