£25000 - £36000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8960
7 months ago
We are looking for an on-site Assistant Risk Manager to join a leading consultancy within the Infrastructure sector, whilst supporting multi million £ programmes within the Aviation sector.
You do not have to had prior experience with Risk Management, however experience of working within a Project Controls function (within Infrastructure) would certainly be advantageous.
Our Risk Management team work with industry-leading clients on major multi-million Pound projects, programmes and portfolios of work, providing support and technical information relevant to the service requirements. In collaboration with the wider Programme and Project Controls community, our service excellence is supported by internal knowledge communities and collaboration tools to capture and share best practice. We are looking for self-starting and motivated analysts to join our high performing team of risk and value analysts, managers and consultants.
The main purpose of the role is to:
- Provide support to the Project Risk Manager in development and delivery of risk management service capability.
- Demonstrate effectiveness of the risk management process and integrate with other project management and control disciplines.
- Manage and deliver project or programme controls work by delivering risk management activities to identify, evaluate, mitigate and report on threats and opportunities to our clients within capital projects, whilst meeting defined objectives within time and cost parameters
- Support delivery of scope of work in line with budgetary, compliance, regulatory and planning controls
- Ensuring that all risks to the project are compliant to project processes, that risks are accurately identified, recorded in the appropriate risk management tool, quantified with appropriate supporting data - including cost data - and review intervals
- Assisting the risk manager by facilitating run risk identification workshops
- Assisting the risk manager to produce risk reports and risk modelling including scheduling and cost
- Liaising with cost teams and maintaining project risk trackers
- Updating the status of risks in the risk register & communicating key changes and trends;
- Analysing risk information and identifying any anomalies / discrepancies to the Risk Manager / Senior Management as appropriate.
- Being a source of risk management advice and support for colleagues within their own business area, encouraging a robust risk management culture.
- Supporting delivery of risk training and building appropriate risk management culture on projects.
- Educated to at least degree-level in a subject encompassing data processing, qualitative and quantitative analysis and / or statistical analysis OR
- Educated to at least degree-level in one of the following: risk management, finance, science; statistics; engineering; law; business studies.
- Demonstrable capacity for understanding statistical principles
- Capability to process large quantities of data fast, AND accurately under pressure
- Confident decision-maker
- Experience in a data manipulation field preferably gained within the construction sector
- Experience of analysing data, preparing reports and presentations
- A logical approach and ability to think through complex issues to co-ordinate multi-faceted aspects of projects
- Self-motivated and proactive, with the ability to work independently
- Familiar with data mapping processes and workflows in a variety of work areas
- Knowledge of risk management databases such as Active Risk Manager, RiskGen, Predict!
- Knowledge of risk analysis software such as Palisade @Risk, Oracle Primavera Risk Analyser (was Pertmaster), Crystal Ball
- Good grasp of project planning principles
- Experience with project planning tools such as Microsoft Project, Oracle P3e, P6
- Able to present comfortably to senior management and stakeholders
- Negotiation skills and the ability to influence people
- Commercial awareness and organisational understanding
- Experience across 2-3 sectors
- Working towards relevant professional certification
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.