+44 (0)151 666 8933
3 months ago
Working within the engineering project team, you will participate in decommissioning design studies and waste management.
You will be expected to intervene throughout the life of the project (Feasibility/ Preliminary Design Stage, detail Design stage, Construction stage). Projects may involve facilities located at different nuclear sites (Sellafield, Dounreay…)
Main missions are as follows
As a "Nuclear decommissioning & dismantling" engineer, you will have the following missions:
- The constitution of the basic data (collecting input data from sites)
- The design of the overall scenarios including definition of Post-Operation Clean-up activities (POCO).
- The design of the implementation of these scenarios (modifications, requirements, technologies to be implemented) in interfaces with other technical engineering disciplines
- Waste strategy
- Development and verification of technical documents (physical or radiological inventories, waste management technical notes, scenario synoptic, associated scheduling, estimation of the blue collar work hours, arrangement means to be implemented, specifications ...),
- The preparation of tender documents,
- Monitoring the schedule and the budget allocated for the study services.
- Report to the Project Manager
You will carry out the studies entrusted to you by a project engineer or project manager responsible for the dismantling studies of a facility.
You will participate in the coordination meetings with the team members, follow the technical, planning and financial advancements, you are responsible for the costs and deadlines for the services you are responsible for
Behavioral qualities required
- Rigor (Organization and method for carrying out all the actions to be carried out, respect of procedures and deadlines).
- Relational and team spirit (participate in the development of a serene working atmosphere within the unit and have the sense of mutual help colleagues)
- Reactivity (Ability to respond quickly and effectively to unforeseen situations Respect the deadlines set daily)
- M.Sc./M.Eng in Nuclear engineering or Process engineering with specialization in nuclear process
- A first experience in the field of dismantling project and nuclear waste management.
- 4 to 7 years professional engineering experience
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.