Circa £45,000 + Benefits
+44 (0)151 666 8954
28 days ago
Salary Circa £45,000 + Benefits
FMCG Food/Drink Manufacturing
Cardiff, Newport, Pontypool, Cwmbran, South Wales
A large FMCG manufacturing company with a site based in South Wales are currently looking for a Site Automation Engineer to join the team on a permanent basis.
This role is responsible for planning and executing automation asset care and to lead whole site process control and automation engineering operations including assisting in IT plant integration solutions and to integrating key industrial components used in the manufacturing process e.g. sensors, camera systems, Industrial PLC’s.
Site Automation Engineer Key Accountabilities:
• Liaise with Site Engineering Manager and Group Engineering & IT Management teams to understand and direct the factory IT networks as required.
• Managing data for current production lines into relevant systems as per business standards.
• Programming PLC’s provide data to and from systems. Implement 4IR / I4.0 where beneficial.
• Liaise with equipment suppliers on new installations ensuring the PLC configuration comply with any Group IT, Electrical and Automation Standards.
• Manage the version control and disaster recovery of key plant equipment at site including PLC’s, SCADA applications.
• Identify required training courses and setup a training system to develop other members of staff to perform key support activities on site.
You will be an Automation Engineer from within a FMCG Manufacturing (desirably Food or Drink Manufacturing) and hold a formal Engineering Qualification e.g. BSc. Or BEng in Automation or Mechatronics or similar. Demonstrable experience with process control and automation including PLC’s expert knowledge (ideally Siemens S7). You will be adaptable to change and exploiting new technologies as an exciting multi million pound site investment programme is underway.
Applications via CV submission only.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.