£35000 - £42000 per annum, Benefits: Free Parking, Competitive Holiday Allowance
+44 (0)151 666 8946
9 months ago
Location: East Midlands
Our Client is a leading contractor in the Highways industry in the UK. Due to an increase in workload they are currently looking to recruit a Senior Drainage Engineer to join their Design team in Nottingham. Our Client will offer fantastic career progression for the successful candidate. The successful candidate will be responsible for designing and delivering cost effective and technically sound design solutions for drainage renewal/maintenance and improvement schemes in accordance with the Forward Programme and DAMP. The organisation is based in the East Midlands with great Transport links and free parking.
- Identify and apply appropriate methodologies and standards to produce effective and innovative solutions for Drainage schemes and studies to current standards. Including optioneering for Highways England Drainage Asset Team
- Take a scheme from concept through to detailed design ensuring a full design pack is developed and ready for construction is developed in line with Contract for Highways England
- Prepare and review design calculations, drawings and tender/contract documents.
- Liaise with statutory and non-statutory bodies to obtain relevant licences, consents
- Liaise with other disciplines to identify hybrid schemes
- Prepare compulsory purchase and temporary traffic regulation orders.
- Assistance with preparation required for the Value Management of Drainage Schemes.
- Maintain good relations with the Client and other authorities, attending meetings as necessary across the EMAD network and associated offices. Work within wider team to enable effective delivery of schemes and studies.
- Actively promote Health and Safety in the workplace, setting a good example to other employees and ensuring awareness of and compliance with the general Health and Safety responsibilities as set out in the Health and Safety Procedures Manual.
- Perform other duties as may from time to time be reasonably required.
- Compiling and submitting departures.
- Seeking technical approval as required.
- Providing input to enable stakeholder liaison.
- Identifying TM needs and constraints.
- Compiling the briefs and providing information for RSA and NMU audits, technical surveys and any required environmental and geotechnical input, as required.
- Completing CDM documentation.
- As the technical lead for drainage, act as mentor to junior staff imparting technical knowledge and software skills to the wider design engineers within the organisation.
- Study and Scheme design budget and project management.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Extensive experience of highways maintenance, improvement and design preferential
- Good organisation and project management skills
- Ability to work unsupervised
- The ability to communicate well in the written and spoken word is essential (e.g. client presentations) as is the ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to perform within a team
- Computer literate with competent ability and knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Expert user of drainage software e.g. WinDES or alternative
- BEng in Civil Engineering, preferably post graduate qualification
- Proven track record in infrastructure drainage, backed up by a comprehensive CPD record
- Demonstrable in depth knowledge of DMRB Standards and their application
- Chartered status
- To work under own initiative and to seek advice when necessary, you will have the drive and determination to meet targets
- Proven track record in applying innovation to drainage feasibility optioneering and detailed design
- AutoCAD, Civils 3D, Revit, Navisworks, InfoWorks
- Flow modelling experience
- Microsoft word/project/excel
- KTF / Moss
If this opportunity is of interest and matches your experience, please feel free to contact me for a confidential chat on 0151 666 8946
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.