£30000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: + Benefits
+44 (0)151 666 8952
5 months ago
£30-40k + benefits
A fantastic opportunity to join an expanding Electrical Department within a well respected multi-disciplinary international MEP design consultancy with over 100 staff. You’ll be forming part of the electrical team, which is going to expand in the coming months across all levels from Associate, Senior Engineers and Electrical Engineering.
Our client work on projects from initial advice and concept, through the design stages to project completion across multi disciplines. As a business they support, education authorities, residential developments, healthcare, retail and office projects among others.
If you come from an electrical building services background, and want to work for an expanding business, with a solid foundation in training, development and proven progression prospects please feel free to apply.
The role will require you to:
- Produce schematics, elevations, details in AutoCAD which meet engineering directives, UK engineering standards, CDM regulations
- Primary check own work for accuracy and quality
- Provide and check engineering calculations as required whilst understanding the engineering principles behind the calculations
- Support the team with primary project checking/reviews; resolving issues in order to maintain timeframes and quality compliance
- Co-ordinate drawings/CAD with other disciplines, having an understanding of other engineering principles
- Organise issue of drafted information, file documents including PDF/DWGs
- Maintain a working knowledge of appropriate engineering and industry standards
- Assist with AutoCad work when required
- While supporting the team leader demonstrate initiative in the management and progress of design projects
Degree or equivalent within Electrical Subject or Building Services
Practical design experience within the building services industry (at least 1 year)
Line management experience (not essential)
Working knowledge or CAD and UK Building Design Standards
Willingness to travel to client sites when required
UK Driving License Desirable
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.