£25000 - £35000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8972
3 months ago
Location: Kettering or Mansfield
Our Client is the sector leader in the growing UK Highways market. They are looking to recruit an Environmental Advisor to join their East Midlands region.
The successful candidate will be a member of a suitable professional organisation, having at least 5 years of environmental consultancy experience.
- Broad environmental knowledge of environmental impacts is essential: including air, water, noise, cultural heritage, landscape, resource efficiency and nature conservation
- Infrastructure design and maintenance Environmental Impact Assessment experience
- Familiarity with Highways Maintenance contracts
- Awareness of the application of Environmental Management Systems
- Familiarity with risk assessment
- Strong ecological knowledge and experience base including: Protected and invasive species
- Site survey experience
- Env or Ecol. Clerk of Works experience
- Environmental legislation
- Pollution prevention mitigation
- Good report writing skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Experience of undertaking desk studies and site surveys taking non-statutory EIA’s from design through to construction
- Liaison with design engineers and contractors
- Liaison with outside organisations, such as Wildlife Trusts, Environmental Health Officers, Natural England, Heritage England, Environment Agency, Lead Local Flood Authorities etc
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- An honours degree in environmental or relevant field
- Post graduate qualification (desirable)
- Professional membership
- Working towards chartership status
- Excellent organisation and planning skills
- Ability to work with non-technical audiences and communicate effectively
- Good IT skills (including GIS)
- Full Clean Driving Licence
- Commitment and enthusiasm for and positive approach to this specific area of work
- Flexible approach and willingness to be reactive working in a fast paced environment
Competitive salary and benefits
Being part of the Company means living their values of being collaborative, enthusiastic and forward thinking. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it’s through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Bring your talent and ambition and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.