£45000 - £50000 per annum, Benefits: Bonus up to 7.5%, Pension, Share Scheme, Holiday
+44 (0)151 666 8952
1 day ago
Circa £45k + up to 7.5% bonus, Pension, Share Scheme, Holiday etc
A fantastic opportunity to join the UK’s leading manufacturer of building and construction products based in Suffolk on their expanding plant. Our client has been in business for nearly 100 years and is one of larger market share holders within their multi million pound sector. Due to expansion the company are now looking to appoint a new Automation Engineer who will sit beneath the engineering manager and oversee the development and maintenance of the plants automation systems.
If you have a strong working knowledge of PLC software and SCADA, and seek a role where you will be developing process and systems, taking an active role in the optimisation of a large production plant then this might well be the role for you.
Our client require someone ideally from a manufacturing background with experience programming PLC systems which will help with the overall development, implementation and testing of new PLC software onto continuous process equipment.
Our client use Siemens S7 systems, but are open to considering candidates with experience from outside Siemens, if you feel you would have the transferable skills, they would be willing to support you. Our client recognise that there are similarities in the fundamental principles between manufacturers. If you are someone who is keen to take on the challenge and self teach supported by the business then please look to apply.
This role would see you forming part of the support team for the plant, working closely with the Engineering Manager and helping Maintenance Engineers with automation related faults and optimisation.
The role requires someone with working knowledge of the following:
- Capable of developing New PLC, HMI/SCADA, Database Code or portion of Code from scratch or following existing standards
- Experience of equipment design for manufacture, with a background in a production environment is desirable.
- Experience of motor, drive and inverter technologies.
- Support the plant and service engineers.
- Ensuring any SCADA System captures all relevant data.
- Program and maintain Inverter Drives.
- Program and maintain Safety Systems.
- Fault finding and problem solving during breakdowns.
- Developing Operator Interface Design.
- Ability to train Engineers and Operators.
- Encourage and pursue a policy of continuous improvement and 5S
- A degree or HNC in Electrical Engineering is preferred although equivalent Automation experience will be considered.
- Strong PLC capabilities and background with PLC and code writing is required for this role
- A good working knowledge of SCADA systems would be an advantage.
- Experience of Human interface software systems and Software lifecycles is required.
- Skills in programming, analysing, fault finding, problem solving and modifying automation software are essential.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.