+44 (0)151 666 8952
4 months ago
Mechanical Project EngineerJob Title: Mechanical Project Engineer, Capital Projects.
Reports To: Project Manager
Location: South East Cornwall
Due to the start of major Capital Projects, my client is looking to grow their projects team to deliver the upgrade of a large bulk fuel storage facility and associate pipeline network. My client manages a major fuel pipeline and storage facility network across the UK. Please note all candidates must be eligible for SC clearance.
Objective:To act as Technical Lead for the Capital Projects team in respect to Mechanical Engineering activities associated with the Capital projects currently ongoing across the Oil Fuel Depot’s operated and maintained by the organisation. Ensuring that all aspects of work are executed on time and to budget/estimates and in full compliance with company standards and UK / European legislation.
Job Dimensions:With responsibility for a number of Mechanical Engineering tasks within the Capital Projects Team and/or engineering works associated with the Capital Projects at any one time, the job entails overseeing professional contract engineers or consultant companies, who conduct engineering activities on various Capital Projects on behalf the organisation. There will be a need to build strong credible working relationships with all internal stakeholders and in particular HSEQ, other Engineering colleagues as well as with external stakeholders including our O&M Contractor, HSE, EA and the MOD Sponsors.
- Comply with The Fundamental Principles of the organisation in everyday activities.
- Promote process safety leadership as the core of organisations culture.
- Be a key contributor to the Capital Projects Team to support the team to meet the project and team objectives.
- Ensure Mechanical Engineering activities within Capital Projects are completed and are fully compliant with company policies, procedures and legal requirements, particularly safety and ensuring safe systems of work.
- Manage own time and resources to ensure well controlled, compliant with the Working Time Regulations and meet responsibilities for health and safety.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with the key stakeholders internally and externally.
- Consistently maintain a professional approach in day to day activities.
- Ensure effective and appropriate communication at all times.
- Report on activities and provide relevant management information.
- Maintain high standards of probity and confidentiality.
- Work with the organisations Project Management Procedures and workflows.
- Act as technical lead providing technical guidance within the team on Mechanical matters for Capital Projects, referring to the Technical Authority when required.
- Plan and manage the programme of works for Mechanical tasks associated with Capital Projects delivery in line with company standards and relevant and UK / European legislation.
- Develop Mechanical scopes of work.
- Develop budgets and forecasts for work.
- Liaise with other members of the organisations Asset Technical Team on standards & codes.
- Identify and select suppliers in line with relevant legislation and Agency procedures.
- Produce detailed programme of works/Gantt charts etc.
- Working knowledge of COMAH, MOC, and CDM regulations.
- Previous experience of working within MAH environments.
- Previous experience of managing multiple site works.
- Manage documentation/data/records within document management systems.
- Apply the MOC process for the life cycle of the project.
- Ad hoc projects and tasks on other projects as approved by the Line Manager.
- Ensure activities are in accordance with the Agency’s accounting procedures.
- Adhere to procedures relating to the proper use and care of assets, equipment and materials for which the role has responsibility.
- Provide budget proposals for Project spend and work collaboratively with Finance to provide management information for monthly reporting.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.