£32 - 39,500 plus 15% bonus, 10% pension
+44 (0)151 666 8968
3 months ago
As soon as possible
Based in Liverpool
Up to £39,500 plus 15% bonus
Due to expansion a major multinational Pharmaceutical company is now looking to appoint a Senior Cell and Molecular Biology Scientist to their site in Liverpool on a permanent basis.
The client is particularly interested in candidates with experience working with Gene Therapy products and processes.
- Identifying, developing and performing suitable analytics for both development and cGMP testing for new product development programmes, which may encompass fully in-house programmes, in-licensed products and products in development with partners and ensures the testing is performed by the group on time, on budget and in compliance with the established quality standards. This includes release testing of clinical drug substance.
- Supporting development, optimisation, qualification, validation and/ or technical transfer of methods by acting as a technical lead. Responsible for assessing and managing external testing facilities for cell and analytical molecular biology analysis where internal analysis is not preferred.
- Compiling analytical data and writing technical reports as part of the ongoing product development activity to support Regulatory Filings. In addition, provide technical expertise to assist in trouble shooting issues during technical transfer internally or externally
- Minimum qualification of BSc (or equivalent) in suitable scientific subject.
- Significant relevant industrial biopharmaceutical or pharmaceutical experience ideally in a cGMP environment.
- Experienced with the analysis of biomolecules biologics assay development/ optimisation and assay qualification.
- Extensive working knowledge in running and developing molecular biology techniques including PCR, qPCR, RT-PCR, DNA sequencing, ELISA & SPR analysis, together with a substantial and in-depth knowledge of the underlying scientific principles behind these techniques.
- Excellent cell culture skills (both mammalian and microbial) and experience in running and developing cell-based assays, together with a substantial and in-depth knowledge of the underlying scientific principles behind these techniques.
- In-depth understanding of the fundamental principles of assay development using high throughput technologies and robotics and of the concept of beginning with the end in mind.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.