+44 (0)151 666 8999
3 months ago
Milton Park, Drayton, Harwell, Stenton, Didcot, Chilton, Marcham, Wantage, Abingdon, Goring, Farnborough, Cumnor, Wheatley, Oxford, Oxfordshire.
A leading well known Pharmaceutical company is currently seeking a Lab Technician to join their growing business. Reporting into the Laboratory team Leader, this role will be responsible for finished product analysis, equipment calibration, cleaning and preparing and weighing and measuring samples within the laboratory.
Laboratory Technician responsibilities include:
- Operate LIMS: sample registrations, sample requesting, order processing, despatching and provisioning of sample information for all requests.
- Work collaboratively in the laboratory team to deliver quality and timely weighing, solubilisation and assay ready plates, in accordance with service level agreements.
- Accurately weigh requested samples according to priority and handling codes, ensuring balances are calibrated, minimum stock is dispensed, and the necessary packaging and documentation are provided for recipients
- Operate liquid handling automation to create high quality liquid samples, ensuring quality assurance (QA) protocols are carried out at specified intervals and any deviations are rectified or escalated for immediate investigation
- Operate manual solid stores and automated liquid stores for sample storage and retrieval. Complete automation fault finding, fixing or escalation for immediate investigation
- Operate high and low volume automated liquid processing platforms to deliver high quality assay ready plates to recipients ensuring QA protocols are carried out at specified intervals and any deviations are rectified or escalated for immediate investigation
- Complete on-site sample collection and delivery, and prepare the necessary documentation for external sample despatches; working collaboratively with the Sample Despatch Unit (SDU) to ensure shipments meet all service level agreements
- Operate manual processes to ensure business continuity for critical project deliveries during periods of major automation downtime
- Communicate progress to team and supervisors, and ensure close co-operation with scientific staff
- Operate all procedures in accordance with SOPs, SHE and COSHH regulations, consulting supervisors as necessary
To apply please submit your CV
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.