£40000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8966
6 months ago
Lincolnshire, Lincoln, Brigg, Scunthorpe, Scampton, Doncaster, Grimsby, Gainsborough
The Area Engineering Supervisor (AES) is responsible for the planning and delivery of all preventative maintenance activities within own area’s of the plant utilising the on shift maintenance engineers, days based PPM crews & specialist contractors to deliver an effective PPM strategy to deliver plant reliability. Whilst ensuring all Engineering related regulatory compliance standards and requirements are met and maintained.
Key Tasks and Accountabilities:
- Ensure that the PPM activities are completed within the agreed timescales as set out and agreed in advance with the production planner & operations managers.
- Ensure that both the PPM strategy and content of PM w/o’s is such to deliver an effective maintenance regime that provides equipment reliability.
- Continually monitor all breakdown issues vs the PPM plan and content to ensure it remains effective in preventing unplanned breakdown losses.
- Ensure all regulatory compliance requirements are met and kept up to date, Insurance inspections, Safety related PM’s, CCP Calibrations
- Training & development of the on Shift Maintenance teams to ensure all are capable and competent to fulfil their duties.
- Work closely with the on shift Operations Managers & OPEX leaders on Asset Care, Lost time Root Cause Analysis, prioritisation of losses and ultimate resolution of issues. Attend Area weekly Asset Care meetings.
- Ensure sufficient priority and resource is allocated to Corrective Maintenance work
- Review and improve existing equipment and facilities in a controlled and methodical manner.
You will be an experienced manager with a tack record of leadership within a fast paced manufacturing environment. You will be an excellent communicator, have excellent people skills and a high level of organisation.
Good academic qualifications (i.e. HNC / ONC in Engineering or equivalent) in either electrical, mechanical or multi skilled. Apprentice trained & qualified.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.