£18000 - £20000 per annum, Benefits: Attractive Benefits Package
+44 (0)151 666 8999
2 months ago
Scantec Personnel Limited (Scantec) is a privately owned Technical recruitment specialist, providing a range of expert recruitment and talent acquisition services to clients throughout the UK. With over 28 years of experience, built upon a reputation of enhancing businesses, progressing careers and striving for success, we are passionate about the development and achievement of our people.
Scantec currently has a requirement for a Payroll Administrator to join its Wirral based business. Reporting to the Payroll Manager, the Payroll Administrator will be responsible for supporting the effective delivery of an outsourced payroll function for the company’s contractors. This is a part-time role requiring 25 hours per week on site, 5 hours per working day.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to;
- Creating contractor records on the payroll system;
- Reviewing the accuracy of new starter details in advance of pay being processed;
- Inputting of timesheets and expenses claim forms;
- Importing of multiple electronic timesheets using the import module;
- Managing the contractor leaver process on the payroll system;
- Validation of BACS payment submissions in line with the relevant processing dates;
- Processing of statutory payments and returns to HMRC;
- Clearing queries from clients and contractors, both verbally and in written form;
- Review and distribution of Invoices and Electronic Payslips;
- Processing of Weekly Pension Reports; and
- Support with payroll based reporting for the business.
The Successful Applicant
We are looking for candidates with:
- A proven track record of delivery within an effective payroll or ‘back office administration’ function;
- The ability to effectively plan work;
- Experience of working to stringent deadlines;
- High attention to detail; and
- The ability to communicate with a wide range of people internal and external to the business.
The ideal candidate would have experience of working in an outsourced payroll function, with a good understanding of UK PAYE legislation. They will be confident managing their own time and of interacting with people both internal and external to the business who possess varying levels of payroll knowledge. This opportunity will offer the successful candidate a structured role but with enough autonomy to support self development and career progression.
What's on offer:
- Competitive salary (full time equivalent salary – up to £20,000 p.a. depending upon experience)
- Pension scheme – 5% employer’s contribution
- 23 days holiday per annum
- Incentive scheme e.g. employee of the month and holiday incentives
- Private Healthcare*
- Access to salary exchange benefits e.g. Pension, childcare vouchers and cycle to work
- Free onsite parking
*Subject to satisfactory completion of probationary period
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.