£35000 - £42000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8953
10 months ago
£35,000 - £42,000 (DOE)
Currently seeking an experienced Food Lab Manager / QC Manager to be responsible for chemical analysis, nutritional testing and QC testing of goods passing through a specified depot are assessed against statutory food requirements and customer specifications. The successful Lab Manager /QC Manager will be responsible for managing a small team of Lab Analysts and QC Inspectors and for maintaining the CLAS accreditation.
The successful Lab Manager / QC Manager will ideally be degree educated in a relevant subject or have extensive management experience in a food testing laboratory environment. You will have in-depth experience and knowledge of managing a food chemical analysis operation and be fully competent in food quality control procedures.
Key responsibilities of the Lab Manager / QC Manager include:
• Maintain accurate records of all QC checks at laboratory to meet legal requirements
• Maintain CLAS accreditation of the laboratory ensuring that all chemical analysis equipment is within specification.
• Maintain excellent communications with all the necessary staff at the warehouse/Lab to ensure that samples arrive when planned.
• Ensure all documentation is fully up to date for external accreditation visits and any other audits or statutory inspections.
• Responsibility for ensuring that all equipment in the laboratory is calibrated as necessary.
• Support subordinate team of QC staff including involvement in tastings, checking samples on SAP, booking samples on SAP.
• Support the technical department with ad hoc queries
• Create master data for new products, creating QM records, changing QM records on SAP.
• Order all chemicals and laboratory equipment when required including liaising with suppliers to obtain best value then seeking approval from line manager to purchase.
Application via CV only
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.