£75 - £95 per hour, Benefits: 9 day fortnight
+44 (0)151 666 8918
4 months ago
Subject to Clearance
Scantec are currently looking for an Enterprise Functional Team Lead (Application Services) for an opportunity with one of our most prestigious clients.
As the Functional Team Leader, you will have responsibility for managing the Functional Support Team for the company’s major enterprise business systems. The role will manage and shape the functional team’s response to day to day support and enhancement of systems including both on premise and cloud delivered services. The role is primarily in support of the On Premise Oracle eBusiness Suite and Oracle BI supporting Finance which are in the process of transitioning to a Cloud Service.
- Manage the delivery of Functional Support to corporate Enterprise applications including Business Intelligence (BI) and Reporting.
- Line and Resource Manager for Functional Team members.
- Review future scope and need, and develop team skills and resources for future support requirements.
- Provide support and guidance into the creation of sustainable operational processes ensuring services are monitored and maintained. Assure the day to day delivery of services through the application of best practice support and operational processes.
- Understand and manage the potential impact of emerging technologies and developmental changes on existing and planned services.
- Functional Lead in support of Change Management
- Lead the development of the Functional Support Organisational model as services transition from On Premise to Cloud.
- Act on behalf of the Operational Run organisation to ensure that new services or changes are supportable before transition and acceptance into live operation.
- Inputting into the configuration management of the service and related documents
- Assist in defining and agreeing the service SLA/OLA (in collaboration with the Business Service Owner)
- Act with authority and influence to balance the push/pull between operational needs and project deliverables.
- Develop and demonstrate expertise through best practice in, methods, procedures, tools, equipment and standards for relevant ICT to ensure that the operational teams meet service level and operational level agreements.
- Work with multiple suppliers to ensure continuous improvement & cost effective services for the business.
- Support wider operational teams and serve as an operational point of escalation for major service incidents.
- Ensure consistent and appropriate communication between Functional Team and Business Customers for service-related enquiries and issues.
- Ensure that Team Members support SOX Compliance
- Self motivated and proactive, with a strong focus on delivery of positive outcomes
- Self-aware and self-managed
- Innovative and risk aware
- Knowledge of one or more Business Supporting Enterprise systems.
- IT and information related principles, standards, and requirements when operating within MOD and UK legislative environments
- Information Security standards and procedure and incident response
- A working knowledge Oracle, Workday or other Business related ERP system
- Encourages people to question and challenge practices or procedures that are not fit for purpose.
- Calls people to account when they under-deliver or let standards slip.
- Experience of a Functional support role, in a multi skilled environment
- Experience in the use of process management processes
- Able to comprehensively capture, challenge, justify, articulate and manage customer, business, capability and operational user requirements
- Able to provide comprehensive documentation
- Able to set and manage realistic expectations for timescales, costs, benefits and measures for success
- Possess a good level of negotiating skills
- Able to lead, undertake, interpret and analyse business requirements
- Able to objectively weigh risks against benefits and make appropriate decisions and manage their implementation
- Numerate, computer and business literate
- Investigation and auditing skills
- Self motivated and able to work effectively in a team
- Good Communicator (Written and Oral) with sound facilitation skills that can be related to colleagues of all levels including 3rd parties
- A good standard of education
- A professional engineering, business or management qualification or
- Industry Standard IT related qualification (Degree/HND/HNC) is desirable
- A professional membership to BCS or other
- Willing and able to work flexibly, including evenings and weekends as required
- Willing to travel in UK and Abroad for period time away from home
- SC Clearance**
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.