£30 - £40 per hour
+44 (0)151 666 8972
JS - 078410
6 days ago
Our Client is a leading construction, property, residential and services group with 88 UK offices and over 22,000 employees. Listed on the London Stock Exchange, they are a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
They design roads, bridges and intelligent transport systems (ITS), covering strategic and nationally important roads, as well as local roads serving local communities. Their projects range from major improvements to complete renewals of roads and structures. With specialist teams, they manage complex works from conception through to handover at the end of maintenance periods.
They currently have exciting opportunities for Bridge Engineers from Assistant through to Team Leader level, based in the picturesque location of Penrith in Cumbria.
To deliver technical outputs of projects or service areas to the meet the client’s brief.
- Undertake services within an engineering environment which may include (but not limited to); scheme investigation, site inspections, data collection and analysis, feasibility studies, asset management strategies, preliminary and detailed design and preparation of tender documents.
- Prepare technical designs in accordance with approved design procedures.
- Prepare technical documents and drawings for checking and approval.
- Exercise independent engineering judgement and provide innovative solutions to engineering problems.
- Manage delivery of small projects or a small programme of work with minimal supervision.
- Working knowledge of Health, Safety and Welfare and CDM Responsibilities, as well as relevant company procedures.
- Ensure that delivery is achieved in accordance with the company’s systems and procedures, including those relating to SHEQ, Health and Safety, project and risk management.
- Be a proactive and collaborative team member.
- Contribute to technical excellence and innovation across the team.
- Agree delivery targets with senior staff and report regularly on progress towards milestones.
- Take responsibility for own personal development with the support of line manager, following an agreed programme.
- Assist in the development of other team members (e.g. Assistant Engineers/Graduate Engineers/Technicians).
- Actively promote Health and Safety in the workplace, setting a good example to other employees and ensuring awareness of and compliance with general Health and Safety responsibilities as set out in the Health and Safety Management System.
- Perform other duties as may from time to time be reasonably required.
- A degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline or possess equivalent experience
- Ideally working towards a chartered / incorporated status of a relevant professional institution.
- Have substantial knowledge of, and experience in, inspection, assessment, design and construction of highway structures to UK standards.
- Experience of Value Managing schemes using Highways England’s processes and procedures.
- Have a working knowledge and experience of the main management systems & processes used within a similar consultancy business.
- Experience and a working knowledge of relevant design software and standards.
- Experience of design of highway structures to Eurocodes (desirable)
- Ability to act as competent designer.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- IT Literate.
- Able to work under own initiative and to seek advice when necessary, you will have the drive and determination to meet targets.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.