£60000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent Benefits
+44 (0)151 666 8965
about 2 months ago
They are currently going through an exciting period of change and development within IT and are currently improving their mobile applications, internal telephony systems and intranet and are also launching innovative ways of working including AI.
The need for a strategic Development Manager has arisen due to the large amount of development currently ongoing within the business. You will have both excellent people management skills and technical know-how to enable you to run a tight ship. The team of 15 that you’ll be managing comprises of .Net Developers, Mobile Application Developers, MI Analysts, SQL DBA’s and UX/UI.
This position is a purely hands-off role and you’ll be in charge of up skilling the team as well as dealing with the more overarching strategic decisions.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Leading the improvement and streamlining of the development team
- Actively working with development team members, architects and team leaders to identify, trial and implement process improvement ideas
- Providing support to and a point of escalation for project teams when undertaking tasks within development phases
- Supporting project resource scheduling and department capacity planning
- Change management – working with PMs & BAs to move the development team forward
- To have worked in a hands off development role previously
- To have managed a large team
- To have a background within .Net – preferably from a .Net developer background
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.