£28,000 - £35,000
+44 (0)151 666 8950
8 months ago
The successful NPD Technologist will ideally be educated to degree level in a food science related subject/or equivalent and have relevant experience within the food industry with experience in the development and production of consumer products.
You will have concept to launch experience and experience in developing either chilled food to go products or meat products.
This role will involve travel around the UK and to a site based in Asia, therefore you must have your own car and clean license and the flexibility to travel abroad for several weeks a year.
Responsibilities of the Development Technologist include:
• Produce development recipes according to recipe and guidance
• Carry out full analysis and evaluation of standard and development recipes
• Support scale up of recipes from the pilot plant to full production trials
• Prepare and dispatch samples for customer evaluation
• Support with handling demonstrations for customer seminars
• Innovation of new products and processes in response to customer briefs
• Manage focused development of new products to cost and margin requirements
• Present new product ideas clearly, accurately and persuasively to customers internally and externally
• Awareness of comparative products from all major retailers/competitors
• Work to critical path plans, organise and control resources to deliver products and processes to an agreed quality and timescale.
• Monitor and benchmarks product quality of new and existing products
Application via CV
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.