£360 - £370 per day
+44 (0)151 666 8994
4 months ago
They are looking for someone with around 5-7 years experience to work on a large scale Infrastructure project, working in their offices in the Fitzrovia area.
This is a 12 month position initially offering a daily rate of around £360.
The project controller will be responsible for:
- Assisting in the setting up and maintenance of project controls systems, such as Deltek Cobra
- Inputting project controls data and undertaking its relevant analysis
- Working with planners/schedulers to assist in defining Work Breakdown Structures, and resource and cost loading programmes in Primavera P6
- Working with project commercial managers to ensure cost work breakdown structures, cost collection and resource rates are established and recorded correctly.
- Providing an on-going project controls service as part of a commercial and schedule management function. This to include:
- Supplying rates for ongoing projects where required on a monthly basis
- Participating in, and preparing for, rate validations and project audits. Also performing rate reviews.
- Preparing rates for bid teams and adjusting according to decisions made by others. Assisting in escalation calculations.
- Providing management reports and analysis including earned value management reports, cashflow forecasts, profitability forecasts and invoice data.
- Managing the impact of change on cost forecasts and programme.
- Assist with general project management duties.
- Present work and documents to team members
Skills and Experience:
- Good knowledge of project commercial management i.e. Early Warnings, Compensation Events, Risk Analysis
- Able to analyse cost and progress data.
- Understanding of Earned Value Management
- Prior experience of using project controls software, eg Deltek Cobra or Ares Prism
- Prior experience of using scheduling software, eg Primavera. Microsoft Project also advantageous.
- Knowledge or experience of engineering / building design would be an advantage but not essential.
- Experience of working on design programmes and knowledge of design processes (eg RIBA, GRIP...).
- Good Excel skills
- Ability to work on several simultaneous projects
- An understanding of the NEC form of contract would be an advantage but not essential.
- Need to be methodical and meticulous.
- Need to have excellent communication and inter personal skills,
- Need to be pro-active and a team player.
- Need to be able to work to tight deadlines.
- Ideally degree qualified
- Commercial acumen, and genuine interest in financial matters
- Prepared to undertake occasional travel
Should this position be of interest, please apply direct and I will come back to you in due course.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.