Competitive salary plus benefits
+44 (0)151 666 8922
8 months ago
The client is a leading Engineering and Project Management Consultancy delivering demanding and complex projects within a wide range of industries including Power, Nuclear, Pharmaceutical, Energy and Food. They offer a range of “cradle to grave” principle design and project management services, from conceptual and feasibility studies through to process definition and design, engineering, procurement, installation, construction and commissioning.
You will be responsible for the following:
• Provide part numerical control, machining and programming technical documentation for machined parts (milling/turning).
• Establishing technical requirements for manufacturing and feasibility.
• Plan, create, verify and revise Machine Control Data (MCD), probing, geometry and documentation for complex metal parts and prismatic machining.
• Create MCD for a variety of machines types and controller configurations (3-axis, 4-axis, 5-axis, Mills, Lathes).
• Plan and guide the development and integration of new machining techniques and manufacturing methods, processes, software and equipment.
• Support the request for quote process by providing machining solutions for new products.
• Responsible for new product introduction from concept through to component acceptance.
• Carrie out tape proving processes ensuring smooth handover with production.
• Working to clear configuration controls and fixed process standards.
The CNC Programmer will have:
- 3 or more years of experience with the following:
- NC Programming (ISO)
- Fanuc, Mazatrol control systems
- Computer-Aided Design (CAD) and/or Computer-Aided Manufacturing (CAM) applications (e.g. Siemens NX, Edgecam, CATIA V5, Unigraphics).
- Vericut simulation
- Aerospace industry experience (preferable)
- Working knowledge of Mazak, Okuma, Doosan, DMG MORI and similar machine tools
• Ablilty to represent the company with customers to explain technical aspects.
• Demonstrate ability to embrace change and business improvement initiatives.
• Forward thinking mentality and ready to challenge the status quo.
• Desire to provide guidance and support to colleagues around them.
On offer is an competitive salary plus benefits.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.