+44 (0)151 666 8933
6 months ago
This organisation operates within the Major Accident Hazard industry and is engaged in the delivery and oversight of safety critical activities. The job will require the post holder to build strong positive and creditable working relationships with all stakeholders, including particular emphasis with the Oil Fuel Depot Managers, Operations & Engineering functions, in addition to external bodies, such as the CA. The ability to liaise with people of differing levels both externally and internally ranging from the Competent Authority (HSE/EA/SEPA), Management and Leadership Teams to site operatives is essential. Working remotely, in a number of virtual teams, will necessitate the post holder being a self-starter, reliant and able to communicate and champion a vital element of the Agency’s culture through Process Safety Leadership. Due to operations over the assets being managed covering sites across, England & Scotland, it necessitates a significant amount of travel and need to spend nights away from home in order to carry out the duties required.
- Comply with The Fundamental Principles of the Agency.
- Promote process safety leadership as the core of company culture.
- Demonstrate Leadership competencies.
- Be a key contributor to the HSSEQ Team to support and meet the business and team objectives.
- Ensure activities completed are fully compliant with company policies, procedures and legal requirements, particularly safety and ensuring safe systems of work.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with the key stakeholders internally and externally.
- Consistently maintain a professional approach in day to day activities.
- Ensure effective and appropriate communication at all times.
- Report on activities and provide relevant management information.
- Maintain high standards of probity and confidentiality.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of COMAH Safety Reports for all relevant controlled sites/assets
- Provide regular reports on HSSE performance data from sources such as the KMI database to internal and external stakeholders to facilitate learning and continual improvement.
- Conduct HSSE and Quality assurance inspections and audits of COMAH sites, including the 10 Pillars Compliance Audits; ensuring compliance with agency standards and requirements.
- Ensure risk mitigation, safety and effectiveness of design and operations through legislative compliance; identification and management of risk factors and the principles of ALARP for COMAH sites
- Support the effective standardisation of the Emergency Preparedness process for the Agency.
- Support the management team in the successful implementation of environmental management systems in accordance with ISO 14001.
- Participate in industry forums to promote learning and the sharing of industry good practice
- Assist in the selection of improved safety measures/barriers for engineering changes to the Assets managed by the organisation.
- Promotion of the delivery of key health, safety, environment and quality targets and success factors for core business functions, and propose new, more cost effective ways of meeting HSSE and Quality requirements.
- Design, facilitate/conduct training for line management, staff and third party partners as might be appropriate.
- Monitor the timely close-out of corrective actions and produce regular reports
- Provide assistance to contractors in improving HSSE and Quality performance.
An Engineering graduate holding NEBOSH qualifications with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a senior health and safety management role in a high risk industry together extensive experience in all aspects of process safety management and understanding of the regulatory aspects of MAHs as these relate to tank storage operations and COMAH regulatory requirements.
- Understanding and application of the requirements of PSLG
- Knowledge in the application of the principles of ALARP within the MAH industry
- Knowledge in the application of environmental risk management techniques, such as HAZOPs, HAZIDs, FMECA, Design Reviews, preferably within the oil and gas industry
- Skill in technical report analysis and writing
- Vocational qualifications within core or related professional competences that ideally will include Quality/Safety Management Systems, Risk Management, and Process Safety competencies, with knowledge of Quality Management principles and International Standards, ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 desirable
- Must possess a detailed working knowledge of HSE Management Systems
- A Lead Auditor
- Trainer experience with a trainer qualification desirable.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- Full, preferably clean, driving licence.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.