+44 (0)151 666 8922
10 months ago
The client is a leading Design and Manufacturing Consultancy, specialising in complex bespoke Mechanical plant equipment across a wide range of industries. Projects will stretch through various stages including Design, Development, Fabrication, Integration and Commissioning.
Main objectives will be to work closely with Senior Project Managers to ensure the safe delivery of all projects, products or integrated services to time, cost and quality while remaining cognisant of any emerging risks.
Responsibilities would include, but not limited to:
- Effectively manage client requirements and expectations interpreting and anticipating their needs against contract in order to successfully deliver project outcomes.
- Effectively manage major sub-contract suppliers to the project.
- Providing project management service to assigned projects to facilitate the successful delivery of the works whilst ensuring control of emerging risk and opportunity.
- Through own daily activities and project meetings with the team, provide formal instruction, surveillance and actions to ensure project contract performance, typically through:
- Assignment and maintenance of project scope, budgets, quality and timescale.
- Management of project resource, performance, competence and duration.
- Management of project Safety, Health and Environmental and Security Data.
- Management of project Quality Performance, NCR status and dissemination of LFE.
- Management of project change control and actively challenge project variance.
- Management of the project program, risk and opportunities; escalate developing issues accordingly.
- Working closely with the Project Controls team to ensure accurate programme information is available for clients.
- Maintaining accurate and timely project status reports and an informed attendance at PSR meetings, prioritise meeting action closure and implementation.
- Maintaining accurate and timely client project reports and an informed attendance at client meetings and prioritise action closure and implementation in accordance with the contract.
- Maintain effective project communications to the client; ensure that the company adheres to its values, vision and mission statements and that timely, respectful and ethical communications are upheld.
The Project Manager will have:
- Project Management experience working in a Nuclear environment.
- Working knowledge of, Project Planning principles and requirements, commercial contract conditions including NEC ECC contract forms.
- Degree Qualified (Engineering or Project Management) - Desirable
- Member of the Association for Project Management – Desirable.
- Working knowledge of Project Risk Management and its application throughout ‘live’ projects.
- Experience of leading and managing complex projects, implementing effective communications and performance management.
On offer is an excellent package including competitive salary, car allowance or company car, enhanced holiday and pension scheme and health care scheme.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.