Based on Experience
+44 (0)151 666 8952
8 months ago
Milton Keynes (Buckingham)
Salary: Competitive based on Experience, Company car, Pension, Health-care
A fantastic opportunity for an experienced QA Engineer/Team Leader to join an expanding quality department in a £40m+ turnover Tier 1 Automotive manufacturer based just outside Milton Keynes. With a longstanding history extending over 100 years as a business our client work with some of the most exclusive brands in the industry, with 95% of the their products going on vehicles exceeding €150k.
The role itself will be joining the Supplier Quality part of the business and will have overall responsibility for a team of 7 and reports into the Quality Director for the business. In recent years the business has had huge successes and already has contracts which are set to increase turnover to over £90m by 2020, hence the requirement for increasing the size of the department.
This position will support the Purchase function and manufacturing department and run the quality assurance function within the business. The role will be to ensure that the interests of the Suppliers are represented at the Company and that the interests of the Company are protected at the Supplier. The role will involve working with a range of different suppliers ensuring their quality and delivery matches agreed requirements and implementing target agreements on new suppliers to the business.
You’ll ensure that drawings and specifications are taken into account in the Supply Chain which should include customer requirements. The role being a team leaver/managers role will require you to train and develop the team on their interface with suppliers and how deal with delivery issues. You’ll also be responsible for ensuring that the Supplier quality team continually developed and qualified for their responsible tasks.
The role will also involve the support of suppliers during visits to the business and visiting supplier sites, to liaise and monitor performance against Quality Management plans. You’ll also take responsibility for Quality Management planning (monitoring and updating) including APQP or MLA activity.
- Control all suppliers 8D
- Issue reports internal & External as required.
- Close off all 8D’s
- Issue internal Quality Alerts as required.
- Approve supplier IMDS.
- Approve supplier Sample submission by drawing revision.
- Confirm supplier capacity.
- Retain first off samples for all supplied parts.
- Monitor drawing and CAD issued to supplier.
- Monitor and approved ECN on supplied parts
- Relevant manufacturing/engineering degree is preferred, or HND, BTec Professional Level 5 Award or equivalent NVQ Level 5 qualifications.
- Significant experience in a high volume manufacturing environment, preferably automotive.
- Experience of working in Quality Assurance.
- Six Sigma skills.
- Experience of dealing with customers and suppliers.
- Excellent leadership and man-management skills.
- Ability to manage a variety of cross-functional team members.
- Competent in problem solving, team building, planning and decision making.
The salary for this role is competitive and will depend on the experience of the candidate.
The role also comes with a good company pension, company car, 25days holiday + 8days bank holiday, 8-5pm Mon - Thurs, 8 – 1pm Friday
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.