£48000 - £65000 per annum, Benefits: On offer is an excellent package including negotiable salary, 25 days holiday, enhanced pension scheme, health care, dental and
+44 (0)151 666 8922
8 months ago
The client is a market leader within their field and has an established brand and strong reputation, supplying a wide cross section of customers throughout the UK and overseas.
Main objectives of the Site Mechanical Engineer will be to act as Asset Engineer for projects, modifications, shutdowns and maintenance activities relating to their Plant. Managing the entire sites infrastructure including Civil and Structural Engineering, and will be the Site authority for offsite pipelines.
Responsibilities would include, but not limited to:
- Providing Mechanical Engineering support to the Plant to ensure the maximum process on-stream factors are safely achieved.
- Execution of Mechanical Projects and Modifications across the Plant area to time and budget constraints.
- Execution of Site Infrastructure Projects, Modifications & Repairs to time and budget constraints including buildings, roads & waste water systems.
- Through your direct report, execution of the civils aspects of multi-disciplinary projects managed by others and control of all excavations.
- Management of offsite pipelines including control of third party activities within the designated vicinity of pipelines.
- Planning and execution of plant shutdowns to time and budget constraints.
- Management of Mechanical Supervisors, Team Leaders and Contractors during shutdowns and project installation / commissioning activities.
- To be conversant with current legislation with respect to the Mechanical Engineering function within the company, to help ensure that compliance is met.
- To be proactive at suggesting operational and maintenance improvements in all areas of the business.
- Ensuring that all Mechanical Engineering records are maintained and updated as required when new equipment is brought into commission.
- Assisting with technical evaluations and investigations of incidents, near misses, mechanical component or system failures.
- Drafting of new policy documents, engineering scopes, maintenance and testing procedures relevant to your area of responsibility for approval by the Engineering Manager.
The Site Mechanical Engineer will have:
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or other related Degree.
- Ideally achieved, or be working towards, Chartered status
- The candidate will have experience of working within a chemical or similar industrial environment.
- A demonstrable working knowledge of installation and maintenance of site utilities & infrastructure would be beneficial.
- Experience of working on projects, either individual or team based, must be demonstrated.
- Thorough understanding of Mechanical Engineering, including knowledge of regulatory requirements including pipelines, static and rotary equipment.
- Knowledge of process safety management and working under COMAH regulations.
- Experience in the specification, installation and maintenance of mechanical equipment.
- Good writing skills and the ability to present to people at all levels of the organisation.
- Experience in the use of common PC software packages such as Excel, Word, CMMS and Outlook.
On offer is an excellent package including negotiable salary, 25 days holiday, enhanced pension scheme, health care, dental and life insurance schemes.
£48,000-£65,000 Salary dependent on experience
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.