+44 (0)151 666 8952
11 days ago
Due to constant expansion, an exciting opportunity has arisen for an Electrical Building Services Design Engineer to join an established Engineering and Construction company, based at their Newcastle office.
The client is a leading Engineering and Construction company providing building consultancy, construction, installation and process engineering services to a variety of clients, including Commercial, Nuclear, Pharmaceutical, Healthcare, Manufacturing and Energy. The client offers a range of high quality services from Design and Build, to Mechanical and Electrical Services.
Main objectives of the Electrical Building Services Design Engineer will be to manage, co-ordinate and provide specific project and engineering support, managing technical design outputs on projects. Also you will be working alongside the Engineering Design Manager and Lead EC&I Engineer to set budgets, estimates, quality requirements and programmes for design works.
Responsibilities would include, but not limited to:
- Supporting the design through FEED, Concept, Scheme, Detailed, Implementation, Commissioning and Handover
- Undertaking Value Engineering exercise.
- Ensuring CAD Operators prepare fully coordinated.
- Managing and monitor the engineering scope of the project to ensure it is delivered at the right quality, on time and budget or estimate.
- Ensuring direct reports are working to the company’s processes and procedures.
- Managing the inter-discipline design co-ordination to ensure it is performed at the right quality level by active planning and control of the same.
- Cross-functional co-ordination with Operations Director, Engineering Design Manager, Managers, Lead Engineers vendors, customers, 3rd party Design.
- Highlight and report any deficiencies within the team, processes or procedures.
- Assist in workload forecasting and manpower planning, performance review.
- Managing the Engineering Design functions on the project, including 3rd party design houses and integrated package equipment suppliers.
- Operating an open style of leadership that will encourage the early identification and resolution of potential problems.
- Reviewing and controlling the technical content of the model and drawings produced and to check and approve drawings.
- Liaising closely with the Project Manager and to provide support and technical assistance as required.
- Monitoring the activities and performance of sub-contractors.
- Mentoring and developing Junior Engineers where applicable to higher skill levels.
- Raising purchase orders including the technical definition of work scope and/or technically review other purchase orders to liaise with suppliers and customers.
- Assisting in the compilation of case history documentation.
- An Electrical Engineering Qualification or Building Services.
- Relevant experience in a related role to ensure ability to complete the role.
- Experience using the following is desirable:
- Microsoft Office
- Revit MEP
- Navis Works
- Viewpoint for Projects
- Knowledge of Company products, services and customers to best provide a professional service.
- Positive communication skills in dealing with people so that problems can be satisfactorily resolved and customer satisfaction is maintained.
- Ability to work on and control multiple projects throughout their life span to ensure effective completion to the standards required.
- Ability to develop and maintain good positive relationships with both internal and external customers.
On offer is an excellent package including competitive salary, car allowance, holiday and pension scheme.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.