£30000 - £35000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8953
about 2 months ago
Buyer (Food Manufacturing)
£30,000 - £35,000 + bonus, pension
Commutable from: Crewkerne, Chard, Ilminster, Yeovil, Dorchester, Bridport, Axminster
A leading FMCG food manufacturer with a site near the Somerset / Dorset border is currently seeking a Buyer to join their procurement team on a permanent basis.
Reporting to the Purchasing Manager, the successful Buyer will be responsible for developing excellent working relationships with internal and external contacts to ensure best quality and availability of packaging in line with pricing parameters.
You will be an experienced Buyer used to working within a manufacturing environment (food, drink, pharma, packaging preferred). You will have excellent attention to detail, strong negotiation skills and proven experience of liaising and negotiating professionally with suppliers. You will ideally have experience of SAP or other complex ERP system with excellent IT, Word and Powerpoint skills. Travel to suppliers will be required for this role so a driving licence and car will be essential for this role.
Buyer responsibilities include:
• Assist the Purchasing Manager with the development of the raw material and packaging strategy
• Involvement in supply optimization projects (eg: tenders, supplier switch)
• Responsible for maintaining up-to-date information on the supplier database to include pricing, supplier details, contacts, renewal dates etc using SAP or Excel
• Supplier negotiation
• Challenge internally and externally to drive continuous improvement
• Deliver agreed cost reduction objectives
• Continual bench marking against suppliers to ensure competitive costs
• Continual monitoring of supplier performance, action planning and follow up
• Build strong relationships with suppliers
• Source new raw materials and establish new suppliers as the business requires
• Build strong relationships with all internal clients
• Track, understand and predict commodity price movements to feed in to budget and purchasing strategies
• Generate Purchase Orders when required
Application via CV.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.