Up to £33,000 Plus benefits
+44 (0)151 666 8950
28 days ago
Reporting to the NPD Manager, the successful Process Technologist will work to ensure the smooth transition of newly approved products from concept through to launch, ensuring the technical and quality standards are achieved. The Process Technologist will be required to challenge current factory processes and look for improvements. You will be required to ensure the safety, legality and quality of products that are launched.
The successful Process Technologist will ideally be educated to degree / equivalent level in a food or science related discipline with an understanding / experience in a technical or NPD or process development position in a food manufacturing environment (ideally at least 2 years of experience in food manufacturing). Experience within an ambient food manufacturing environment would be highly beneficial. The successful candidate will be commercially aware and possess strong communication skills.
Process Technologist responsibilities include:
• Working with Development Technologists to ensure that both new and existing products developed are consistent during manufacture.
• Following the project plans to ensure that products from first production runs are delivered in line with plan and are right first time.
• Attend first production runs when necessary particularly new product designs and concepts.
• Attend trials and first production runs review meetings.
• Ensure that relevant teams and staff are clear on which trials and first production run samples are to be made available to the NPD Team.
• Work with the Technical department to revise product specifications as required.
• Manage the trial and first production run data.
Application via CV
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.