+44 (0)151 666 8994
3 months ago
As soon as possible.
You will be working on a large scale Rail project from their offices - Rail or large scale infrastructure experience is highly desirable for this position.
• Delivery of risk management services to clients in compliance with client governance, processes and objectives.
• Facilitation of workshops in a client environment, using advanced methods for risk, value and lessons learnt processes.
• Undertaking day-to-day risk management activities including identification, prioritisation, register management, action planning and monitoring.
• Production of periodic risk reporting including profiled risk expenditure, impacted risk / drawdown and risk exposure changes.
• Developing and undertaking advanced Quantitative Risk Analysis including Cost, Schedule and integrated Cost and Schedule analyses, to enable robust forecasting and tracking of risk exposure.
• Use knowledge and experience to ensure identification and management of all significant risks to achievement of project objectives.
• Development and implementation of project risk management plans.
• Delivery of discrete risk interventions and embedded risk management services.
• Demonstrating the delivery of value and reduction of risk exposure through active mitigation of threats and maximisation of opportunities.
• Act as an ambassador for risk management, coaching others in the requirements, processes and benefits of risk management.
• Degree educated with significant risk management experience, including evidence of delivery of major programmes within the Infrastructure sector, specifically Rail.
• Member of or working towards relevant professional certification, such as APM Risk Certificate, IRM Certificate
• Experience in the application of Quantitative Risk Analysis (QRA) techniques and tools, for example; @Risk and Primavera Risk Analysis (previously Pertmaster), including the analysis of complex logic-linked cost-loaded schedules.
• Knowledge of Enterprise Risk Management tools, for example; Active Risk Manager (ARM), Predict!.
• Proven experience in the delivery of risk throughout the project lifecycle including support of investment decisions and delivery/implementation phases.
• Understanding of construction contracts and the relationship between risk management and controls/management functions including: project management, change control, planning & scheduling, cost & commercial management and reporting.
• Evidence of previous experience in definition and delivery of risk management plans within projects.
• Strong communication, interpersonal and facilitation skills.
• Collaborative working style and consulting behaviours.
• A logical approach and ability to think through complex issues to co-ordinate multi-faceted aspects of projects
• Self-motivated and proactive, with the ability to work independently
• Membership of a professional body (e.g. APM, IRM)
• Risk Management qualification, for example IRM International Certificate, APM Risk Certificate, or Axelos M_o_R
• An understanding of planning techniques and tools, including P6 and Microsoft Project.
• Awareness of Value Management processes and techniques.
• Experience delivering risk management at Programme or Strategic levels.
• Experience of working in a client environment.
• Experience in application of a variety of contract forms.
• Experience in working for a large consultancy business
Should this position be of interest, please apply direct and I will come back to you in due course.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.