+44 (0)151 666 8968
7 days ago
Depends on experience
Excellent benefits including a 15% pension and company Bonus scheme
Based in Ellesmere Port
A multinational chemical company who specialise in Petrochemicals and Personal Care are looking to appoint a Development Chemist to their site in Ellesmere Port on a permanent basis due to an internal promotion. The role will involved attending plant trials at their other manufacturing plants around the world (minimum of 2 a year – can include Barcelona, Italy, France, Germany and the USA) with the majority of trials taking place in Ellesmere Port. The successful candidate will work across multiple internal departments working on different projects as allocated.
The ideal candidate will hold a PhD and have experience of scaling up from lab scale to pilot plant and to full scale manufacturing. Experience of Organic Chemistry is essential as is the flexibility to work outside of normal hours if required as time will need to be allocated on the production facility for the plant trials (time in lieu will be given back).
- Route searching by literature for appropriate synthetic methods
- Route evaluation in laboratory
- Scale-up to pilot plant and to full scale plant of manufacturing routes to new products
- Improvement of existing product chemistries
- Improvement of existing processes
- Characterising and recording process technology for our products
- Development of understanding of chemical reactions occurring during our processes
- Application of good chemical understanding to practical problems
- Recognised within company as having expertise in chemical process and scale-up
- PhD in synthetic organic chemistry or an exceptional graduate with 5-10 yrs practical and industrial experience in process and product development in a chemical manufacturing environment (with emphasis on scale up to plant trials at multiple tonne scale)
- Evidence of team working and interacting effectively with all levels within an organisation
- Willingness to travel internationally to carry out plant trials
- Experience of route searching, development and scale-up of manufacturing processes to commercial products, preferably within a specialty or fine chemicals environment.
- This position requires good synthetic chemistry skills with creative and methodical thinking
- Understanding of reaction mechanisms, kinetics and basic chemical engineering principles
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.