£25000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8947
3 months ago
£25,000 depending on experience
Bradford, Leeds, Huddersfield, Keighley, Wakefield, Harrogate, Nelson, Halifax, Dewsbury, West Yorkshire
A large food manufacturing company are currently seeking a HSE Coordinator to join the team on a 12 month fixed term basis. This HSE Coordinator will report directly in to the HSE Manager. The main purpose of the role is to be responsible for supporting Health, Safety and Environmental initiatives across the all areas of the site and to work closely with all departments to ensure statutory, mandatory and company training targets are met.
Key accountabilities of HSE Coordinator –
- Provide a full H&S service to site
- Set KPI’s for Training and Heath and Safety
- Reporting environmental issues to appropriate management
- Ensure Risk Assessments and Safe Systems of Work are being used effectively across the site
- Reported incidents to supporting managers where appropriate
- Support the HSE Manager with implementation of new company procedures and processes
- Promote and raise awareness of the impact of HSE issues
- Train staff in HSE issues and responsibilities within their job roles;
- Carry out Heath and Safety culture audits at site
- Maintain and update site H&S records in line with legislation and company policy. .
- Develop and facilitate training and toolbox talks on H&S and welfare matters including but not limited to, risk assessments, manual handling, method statement and so on
- Provide support to managers during implementation of changes to group policies and procedures
- Record all training of all employees ensuring that the training is up to date.
- Communicate training plans to the appropriate
- Book and organise all training courses including facilities such as room bookings and hospitality when required
- Audit existing training records to guarantee they reflect the training matrix.
To be considered for this role you must have previously worked within the HSE team of an FMCG Manufacturing organisation. You must have IOSH and a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office. You must also have good attention to detail, excellent organization skills and strong written and verbal communication skills.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.